Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Three-Berry Refrigerator Cake

Recipe: http://www.publicradio.org/columns/prairiehome/sundberg/2012/09/11.shtml

Well, well, well. Not even bed time yet, and I have managed to get the last recipe done, and boy oh boy, is it looking good! The Supremes asked the Mr. if I had done anything for them to taste test lately. One won't be there tomorrow, but the other two will have no problem eating his share. I think they are getting used to a weekly treat, so when Mrs. Sundberg's recipe isn't a sweet one, I send one of my own along. Didn't take all that long to spoil them.


I did use a frozen pound cake, but whipped heavy whipping cream to mix in with the pudding and to top it with. I liked the idea of brushing the cake with orange juice. I think when it has had time to set, it will soften the cake a little and just add to the creamy, richness of it. It's sitting in the fridge now, and it won't be tasted until tomorrow, but it already looks good.



The loaf pan that I had was larger than the cake, but that just meant that the pudding/whipped cream/fruit mixture would have to be spread out to fill the gap. And there really was plenty of filling. Just more goodness to eat is my way of thinking. I had strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, but a lot of other fruits would do. Peach comes to mind as a possibility next time.


I will amend this post when I hear from the two taste testers tomorrow. The third one will be told in great detail about what he missed when he comes in on Monday.

They loved this and the salsa, and for a brief moment, discussed salsa on this cake. Men.

Thank you, Mrs. Sundberg.  :-)





No comments: