Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

I Needed A Julia

I have read Mrs. Sundberg's posts on A Prairie Home Companion for quite a while now. She is the sweetest gal, sharing tidbits and wisdom from her home, while raising children, and a husband. :-)

She also posts a recipe each week, and they are full of down-home goodness from the kitchen of someone who obviously loves to cook and bake. I, on the other hand, like the idea of that, but my attempts don't always turn out the best. I used to do very well, but it seems I have lost my base for providing a variety of good things to eat and feed our family and friends.

Enter Mrs. Sundberg.  I figured my best bet was to make the recipe she posted each week, and see if I can get my cooking and baking mojo all lined up again. With her straightforward, easy going style, I think I stand a pretty good chance of succeeding.

I decided I needed a Julia, full of kitchen experience, so I can try a new recipe a week,  and broaden my kitchen horizons. Hopefully, my Mr. will be my taste tester and sous chef if I need one. I think this is going to be an adventure I will enjoy.

No comments: